Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Scriptures Bless Our Lives

I was just getting ready to go to the Yes on 8 Call Center. I had some extra time before I needed to leave and decided I'd read my scriptures. (ACAD-32 years next January 7th!) Anyway I am reading in the Doctrine & Covenants and today I opened to section 99 & read the short 8 verses (thinking of all the elders I shared the directive with as they approached the last few weeks of their missions - thou shalt continue proclaiming my gospel until thou be taken.) But then I decided to read section 100 and these verses are so applicable to my assignment tonight - speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment what ye shall say. The scriptures truly are written for our day with insights to bless our lives.

No comments: