Tuesday, October 7, 2008

HAVE YOU SEEN THE FLEEING FAMILY SIGN?


Amor commented on one of her favorite California road signs which happens to be just a few miles down the road from us near Camp Pendleton. I thought it had something to do with the San Onofre nuclear power plant located nearby, but I found this informative newspaper article detailing the genesis of it's creation. Check it out @ HIGHWAY SAFETY SIGN.

As I tried to find the story of that sign I came across many other funny road signs that are out there on the open highways. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Mer said...

Omgoodness! Those are way too funny!

It looks like someone in the California Department of Transporation has a sense of humor, at least!

A. Pearce said...

Thanks for putting that up .. I probably would have seen it earlier if not for my most recent addiction: Facebook. I've known the reason behind the sign, but never the entire story. Also, thanks for finding a reference I could show the unbelievers. Yay!
~ Amor

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the signs, funny!