Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Love Park City!

In August Keileigh and I had the opportunity to go to Park City and stay at a condo with our Kremer cousins.


Aunt Natalie, Mary, Danica, Jaclyn & Eden packed up the van and headed for the hills to watch the Perseid Meteor Shower. We had an adventure trying to find the condo, then trying to get the key lock box to open. We spent a half hour trying to get the combination to work before we determined that we were trying on the wrong condo!!! When we found the right location the combo worked like a breeze. Fortunately for us we didn't set off any alarms trying to break into the wrong location!

The Olympics were going strong and we watched gymnastics and swimming events while eating and waiting for the Main Event - real shooting stars! Natalie went out to scope out a good vantage point. When she didn't return, I went out in the dark to find her. As I made my way up to the roadway I heard a rustling up ahead. I called out in a timid voice, 'Natalie?' Instead of the expected reply from a female voice, I was terrified to see a huge beast go dashing across the way in full sprint! The headlights from a car in the far distance illuminated the antlers of a huge deer only a few yards away! After my heart stopped pounding, and I determined that yes I was now alone, I heard Natalie call out my name, 'Christy, is that you?' She hadn't seen nor heard the deer and couldn't figure out why I didn't respond.

We had a wonderful time watching the shooting stars. They were few and far between at first, but we had a great time sitting on a rock and catching up on our lives. Around midnight we went inside and got blankets and returned for a second go-around around 1:00am. Keileigh & Mary joined us around 2:00am and were rewarded with some great streaking lights.

The following morning we spent time in the pool

and then we road the cabriolet up to The Canyons Resort which we explored for a while

then we rode back down to the parking lot and discovered a farmer's market. We had a great time browsing and making a few purchases.

Spending time in the mountains reminded me of how much I enjoyed Park City. It's been a while since I've spent any time up there and despite the changes, it's still a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the beauties of the world.

1 comment:

Noelle said...

i'm so jealous!!! olympics AND meteor showers? no fair.