Monday, May 18, 2009

Cars I Wouldn't Kick Out of My Garage

Eric is a Car Guy. I am not. The girls to varying degrees are Car Girls, having learned some finer details from their father. Ben was not a Car Guy until he got a cool old car for some work done in Alaska, now he can talk the talk, although the car is still in Alaska and he's in New Hampshire.

My only criteria for a cool car is matching hubcaps. Now the fact that the only car that has this feature is a Mercedes Benz puts me in an upscale market, albeit a dated one, since they no longer seem to have matching hubcaps and for the most part the cars are diesels which are loud and have less ambiance. But my love for color and balance makes the hubcaps that match the paint on the car appealing.

I was driving in Laguna Beach a while back when a beautiful car passed me with the requisite matching hubcaps. It also fulfilled other visual stimulus. I snapped pics with my cell phone while we were stopped at a light on PCH. Then I came home and researched the 200 series. Here are some cars I would put on my interested list:


I would also add old Thunderbirds to my preferred list, although there are some new versions I like too.

No comments: