Monday, February 9, 2009

It's Official - Luke Has An Album!


Keileigh's friend Luke has posted an EP album that's available for downloading @ lukewilliamsmusic.com. He is incredibly talented and I love his expressive poetry. It's also been an interesting experience seeing the process of creation unfold in such a young man and to see the role a muse has in inciting ideas.

We Were Wrong has great harmonizing (is that Alice?) and wonderful story telling vignettes that paint pictures that speak to the challenges faced in many relationships. The chorus with it's classic Laughing at seagulls and 18 in 1 soap...giving ourselves to fickle hope draws the listener into the festivity and despair of young love. She sings, but not for you and then she smiles from ear to ear... Yeah, I know that one!

Mary Alice has incredible lyrics that kept me rewinding so that I could get the gist of their meaning...your siren song was a swan dive; on a porch swing swaying sunlit silouette of untamed hair; a man of sunswept troubadour walks the night; you love him and you don't know why; you found that even birds could be chained to the sky... the story behind these words leaves you wanting to know more.

Sunflower with it's uptempo beat shows the artist's ability to express the resilient, enthusiasm of youth. I was made to feel but you were made to show. Love the strong guitar work at the end of the piece.

Lose My Mind's bluesy riffs, tincan echo and melancholy thoughts resonate: lost my shoes, lost my love, lost my sense of direction... Rayban eyes and allusions to diamond skies..

Don't Leave Me Alone with it's accordion intro may do for that instrument what Ryan Shupe did in Banjo Boy. Where and how did this 18 year old find an accordion to play? Check out this site for an answer and review. Angst ridden pleas ride out the wave with the fading accordion... ...memory stained highway, i feel slightly betrayed, but it would sting a lot less then the ache in my bones...

Topaz and Remember Goddess contain equally great stories hidden in the lyrics and music. I hope you'll take time to download the music and let Luke know what you think. I'm impressed with his passion for his art! Great job, Luke!

No comments: